ICC-ES is recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to certify products in the following areas.
- Certification of roofing products under the EPA ENERGY STARŪ program
- Certification of products under the EPA Seal and Insulate with ENERGY STARŪ program
ENERGY STAR Roofing Products
ICC-ES has a very simple process for ENERGY STAR certification of roofing products. Just read Form IS-1 Information Sheet (provided below), get your product tested as described, and submit the test reports with an application form, applicable fees, and the Detailed Submittal Sheet. Once we have confirmed that the product meets EPA specifications, ICC-ES will provide all applicable information to the EPA and certify the product for use of the ENERGY STAR mark.
- Form IS-1 Information Sheet
- Application form (before submitting, call us to discuss fees)
- Detailed Submittal Sheet (all information is required by EPA)
Click here for roofing products currently certified by ICC-ES as meeting ENERGY STAR requirements.
Seal and Insulate with ENERGY STAR
Manufacturers seeking certification under this program need to show their compliance with both the building codes and EPA requirements. The easiest way to show code compliance is to get an ICC-ES evaluation report, but ICC-ES also offers the option of just obtaining a Seal and Insulate report.
Manufacturers must first enter into a partnership agreement with EPA (click here for EPA information on manufacturing partners), then submit an application to ICC-ES with appropriate fees and supporting data.
- Application form for an ICC-ES evaluation report with a supplemental report on Seal and Insulate
- Application form for Seal and Insulate only
Please call us to discuss fees before you submit an application.
Click here for products currently certified by ICC-ES under the EPA Seal and Insulate program.